2015 Planning Meeting Wednesday, January 28
Our first neighborhood meeting of 2015 will be held at the Holy Virgin Mary Coptic Orthodox Church at 4900 Cleland Ave. on Wednesday, January 28 at 7pm. We’ll be discussing goals and opportunities for the new year, the “Map Your Neighborhood” initiative and ways you can get involved.
Because of the recent break-ins and thefts in our area, we have invited our LAPD Senior Lead Officer, Craig Orange, to the Wednesday, 1/28, Planning Meeting. Also invited are Neighborhood Prosecutor, Gaby Taylor and CD-1 Deputy, Sylvia Robledo. This will give us a chance to hear the information they have about local crime, and then we can incorporate their recommendations into our planning.
The MWJN nonprofit is operated by the board of directors in conjunction with various committees including:
- Training – organizing workshops and drills
- Block Organizing – guiding the “Map Your Neighborhood” effort
- Publicity – supporting the website, Facebook and other communications
- Special Needs – ensuring a voice for those needing extra help in a disaster
- Beautification – supporting projects like the Jessica Triangle and Oneonta/Olancha stairs
- Pets – advocating and preparing for our four legged family members
- Fundraising – pursuing grants and other opportunities to fund our programs
Please come share your thoughts and participate in neighborhood activities that benefit our community. Have an idea for a project or committee? Bring it!